Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Small Projects

My neat-freakness has compelled me to update if for no other reason than to move the last post down on the page.

In good news (AKA News That I May Be About to Jinx Right Now Simply by Mentioning it) the desk from my last post is set to be delivered today after 7 emails from Target, 2 phone calls TO Target and one strongly worded email to customer service.

In other news, I've been working on some smaller projects for the nursery lately.

I painted an end table and a few wall shelves white we already had around the house white, and I decided to paint a few other found objects some bright colors to liven up the room a bit.

I started with a cheap-o lamp and a little wooden pig that my grandfather made for me when I was a kid (it's supposed to be a bank, but I learned the hard way that there's actually no way to get your money back out).


I was unsure about how the lamp came out at first, but it's grown on me. I thought the color might be too gold before, but now seeing how it fits into the room I think it works.

The little piggy is turquoise, and almost looks like it blends in with the wall color here, but that's not actually the case. The walls are more sage.

Next up I need to repair and then refinish this rocking chair my Granny gave me when I was little. I'm not sure about the color yet. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment