Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas


I just love Christmas-time. I believe the Christmas season starts at Thanksgiving, and by Black Friday I am itching to get out my Christmas decorations.

For now we just do a little fake tree. I grew up with real trees, Jeff with fakes. I think someday I will gun for the real thing again, but not before I get a better vacuum cleaner! Jeff is decidedly opposed, but he's not the one who cleans anyway, and I think it's a nice tradition to go pick out a tree every year, and you can't beat the smell.

The fireplace. That metal reindeer I got the day after Christmas from Pier 1 is probably one of my favorite Christmas decorations.

The top of a bookshelf.

The shelves between the kitchen and dining room

The top of the buffet in the dining room. These houses were my grandfather's. He was very into model trains, and since he passed away several years ago my grandmother has been sending the grandchildren houses every Christmas. My grandpa loved Christmas so much, I just love having this little piece of him on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment