Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Evolution of the Nursery

I'm finally posting pictures of the nursery. I've taken forever, because I'm kind of disappointed in how it comes across in pictures. I think it looks so much better in person. Maybe if I had a better camera or photoshop or an ounce of patience with any of the free photo-editing software out there, I would be happier with these pictures. But I love this room. It makes me happy.

Here's what the room looked like when we first moved in:


And this is what it looked like around Christmas (well, this picture wasn't actually taken around Christmas because I can clearly see some green on the trees outside, but you get the idea...)

And this is what it has evolved to:

It was a family effort. My in-laws bought us the crib, my sister-in-law's parents bought us the crib sheets I wanted, and my mom made the crib skirt.

There is my painted lamp and my DIY giraffe art.

My mom also made the small pillow in the chair. I painted the table beside the chair, and the rocking chair.

I painted the dresser and the shelves on the wall. The "M" is a clue as to her name. It is driving my mother insane that we will not tell her. (Honestly, I'm not sure I'm feeling the black frames here, I may spray paint them silver at a later date. Preferably when I'm not harvesting a human fetus who could be effected by the fumes.)


And because I'm a total sucker for closet organization of any kind, I couldn't resist snapping a picture of the closet.

We found out on Friday that the baby is breech and will most likely be delivered by c-section on March 28th. Maybe not my ideal birth scenario, but I'm just excited to meet out little girl. We are full up on stress in our household (a death in the family, a cat with an injured leg, Jeff finishing up grad school, trying to buy a new car, sticker shock at the price of a c-section [!]), we just want our little bundle of joy to be here, in our arms, so we can count all 10 fingers and toes and take a deep breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment