Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What to Expect

Big changes are happening in our home, and not just the home improvement type, although it was a DIY project...

I am just about 13 weeks pregnant, and still baffled every time I see this little picture. Baffled by those tiny hands and feet. Baffled by the heartbeat we heard. Baffled by the fact that I ate lunch nearly 4 hours ago and it still feels like it might come right back up.

Of course I am running the gamut of emotions: excited, scared, anxious, excited again.

At heart I am an organizer and a planner, so I see this little being as a project. First step: keep it alive and thriving in there. Second step: decorate a nursery. Or course I have already started imagining it.

We will find out the gender, but I still want a gender-neutral nursery. My first step is always sitting down with my paint chips and thinking about colors, and this is my first pass at our nursery:

All colors are Sherwin Williams because I have a big box of paint chips from an old job. The room we are going to use is now the office and is already painted the back ground color of Clary Sage.

I want some bright pops, but most of all for it to be soft and neutral.

We've got a ways to go, but I can't wait to see what becomes of both of these big projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment